Alberta rejects permanent summer time and equalization, Margaret Trudeau speaks at an event by a company lobbying the government, and Saskatchewan approves of Regeneron to treat COVID. Also, we look at just how money laundering affects BC real estate.
Direct Download – 64 Kbit MP3 (Full Show Notes)
“A clear majority of Albertans have sent a powerful, democratic message: They want a fair deal in the federation. These results have given Alberta’s government a powerful mandate to secure changes to equalization and other federal transfers that have treated Albertans unfairly for so long. Our message is clear: Ottawa must respect Alberta and the huge role we play in Canada’s economic prosperity.” — Premier Jason Kenney reacting to the results of Alberta’s Equalization Referendum.
Hosts: Shane and Patrick
- Alberta barely rejects permanent daylight time; majority supports ending equalization
- Support us on Patreon
- Prime minister’s mother spoke at event hosted by organization that received federal funding for jobs program
- Saskatchewan approves use of monoclonal antibodies to treat high-risk COVID-19 patients
- Man making $40k/year bought $32m in Vancouver real estate via CCP-linked offshore accounts
- Word of the Week: Laundering