Alberta shows us that referendums are not just symbolic, Huawei sponsors a Chinese cultural event in BC, and we look at municipal elections in Edmonton and Calgary. Also, inflation on groceries and natural gas is here to stay.
Direct Download – 64 Kbit MP3 (Full Show Notes)
“A lot of people in finance are learning that the most important word in the English language is ‘transitory,’…How confident are you that [this inflation] really is transitory, because if you took a poll of smart people in finance … you’d probably get 50% saying it probably is and 50% saying it probably isn’t.” – U.S. Council on Foreign Relations member Roger Altman, to Bank of Canada governor Tiff Macklem.
Hosts: Shane and Patrick
- Why should Saskatchewan pay to heat swimming pools in Quebec?
- Support us on Patreon
- Huawei-sponsored event draws flag-waving B.C. politicians
- Farkas drops bomb, now Calgary mayor’s race is a dogfight
- Natural gas price hikes will fuel inflation and hit low-income Canadians the hardest
- Word of the Week: Transitory