Irving is hiring foreign workers to build warships, Alberta media tries to change the topic from energy to climate change, and the BC repeat offender expert panel advocates for stronger mental health support. Also, ArriveCAN is no more.
“We have had government and industry officials repeatedly telling our committee about all the great jobs this program will create for Canadians. I find it very disappointing that after the tens of billions of dollars thrown to Irving for shipbuilding that they are not reaching across our country to recruit workers.” – Conservative MP Kelly McCauley on Irving Shipbuilding hiring foreign workers to build Canadian warships.
Hosts: Shane and Patrick
- Irving shipyard recruiting foreign workers to build new warship fleet despite vow of more jobs for Canadians
- Support us on Patreon
- Oil trumps climate change in UCP leadership race to determine Alberta’s next premier
- Experts recommend big boosts to mental health supports to deal with repeat offenders in B.C.
- Blocked at the border no more: Good riddance to the ArriveCAN app
- Word of the Week: Precarious