Alberta rejects permanent summer time and equalization, Margaret Trudeau speaks at an event by a company lobbying the government, and Saskatchewan approves of Regeneron to treat COVID. Also, we look at just how money laundering affects BC real estate.
“A clear majority of Albertans have sent a powerful, democratic message: They want a fair deal in the federation. These results have given Alberta’s government a powerful mandate to secure changes to equalization and other federal transfers that have treated Albertans unfairly for so long. Our message is clear: Ottawa must respect Alberta and the huge role we play in Canada’s economic prosperity.” — Premier Jason Kenney reacting to the results of Alberta’s Equalization Referendum.
Hosts: Shane and Patrick
- Alberta barely rejects permanent daylight time; majority supports ending equalization
- Support us on Patreon
- Prime minister’s mother spoke at event hosted by organization that received federal funding for jobs program
- Saskatchewan approves use of monoclonal antibodies to treat high-risk COVID-19 patients
- Man making $40k/year bought $32m in Vancouver real estate via CCP-linked offshore accounts
- Word of the Week: Laundering