A leaked memo shows the BC NDP’s inner thoughts, Huawei invests in Alberta AI research, and the Liberals’ fall economic statement gives more money for journalists. Also, Edmonton’s mayor asks Trudeau for support in the battle against hate crimes.
“This would give us some leverage with companies like Fortescue – You’ll either … pay B.C. Hydro $1 billion under the existing tariff OR agree to scale down [the] size of your project, prioritize hydrogen for domestic supply and build some of your own wind turbines to power the project.” – a leaked BC government memo showcasing advice on how to proceed on energy projects.
Hosts: Shane and Patrick
- Email shows B.C. energy minister wants ‘big and shiny affordability measure’ linked to climate plan
- Support us on Patreon
- Huawei funds launch of Alberta AI researcher Richard Sutton’s lab after federal restrictions
- Key highlights from the Liberals’ 2023 fall economic statement
- Mayor asks Trudeau for help in battle against anti-Semitism and Islamophobia in Edmonton
- Word of the Week: Leverage