Google responds to Bill C-18 by blocking some Canadians from accessing news, Alberta’s inflation slows as prices rise, and BC’s potential provincial police force is on the backburner. Also, we now know of at least 1 MP allegedly compromised by China.
Direct Download – 64 Kbit MP3 (Full Show Notes)
“Playing ‘political games’ to get a partisan advantage will undermine people’s trust in their institutions, and will only assist the efforts of countries like Russia and China that attempt to make democracies unstable.” – Prime Minister Justin Trudeau earlier in the week on commenting on election interference by China.
Hosts: Shane and Patrick
- Google blocking news content for some Canadians in response to government bill
- Support us on Patreon
- Calgarians grapple with high food prices even as overall inflation rate slows
- Last year B.C. politicians recommended a provincewide police force — but no action is being taken
- Liberals ignored CSIS warning on 2019 candidate accused in Chinese interference probe
- Word of the Week: Backburner