The Bank of Canada raises interest rates again, a conference on LNG takes place in Vancouver, and Edmonton’s mayor pleads for bail reform. Also, Toronto’s new mayor Olivia Chow was helped by pro-China groups.
“We don’t live in a bubble here on the West Coast. What happens in Asia happens to us. We must work with Asian countries to help them reduce their GHG emissions while we build our own decarbonized economy. This means providing them with low to zero-carbon alternatives to the energy they currently depend upon.” – Haisla First Nation Chief Crystal Smith on the need to develop Canadian LNG projects.
Hosts: Shane and Patrick
- Bank of Canada raises its key interest rate to 5%
- Support us on Patreon
- Alberta and B.C. in talks to expand Canadian LNG reach globally, Danielle Smith says
- Edmonton mayor pleads for ‘immediate action’ on bail reform after stabbing death at LRT station
- Pro-Beijing groups claim credit for helping Olivia Chow win Toronto mayoralty. She says she was unaware
- Word of the Week: Conference