A new report uncovers a Chinese ‘police station’ in Vancouver, Alberta secures children’s pain medication, and Veteran Affairs offers medical assistance in dying to veterans. Also, First Nations and northern MPs speak out against Trudeau’s gun ban bill.
“Our young hunters that are growing up, they just don’t send them up to the bush with a gun. There’s a whole process that has to do with our customs, our values, our traditions… No government has a right to take that away from us and regulate that. That is our job as mothers, grandmothers, grandfathers, and hunters.“ – Chief Tammy Cook of Lac La Ronge Band in Saskatchewan on Bill C-21 amendments.
Hosts: Shane and Patrick
- Help us out by taking our Fall 2022 Survey!
- ‘Dangerous’: Concerns raised about possible Chinese ‘secret police station’ in Vancouver
- Support us on Patreon
- Alberta secures 5 million bottles of children’s pain and fever meds to distribute across province, then country
- Former paralympian tells MPs veterans department offered her assisted death
- ‘Potential culture clash’: Some northerners critical of federal firearms bill
- Word of the Week: Hubris