Speaker Anthony Rota resigns after inviting a Waffen SS member to be honoured by Parliament, the Trudeau government wants to cut $1b in defence spending, and BC sets some housing targets. Also, streaming services have to register with the CRTC.
“I have subsequently become aware of more information which causes me to regret my decision to [honour Hunka]. I wish to make clear that no one, including fellow parliamentarians and the Ukraine delegation, was aware of my intention or of my remarks before I delivered them. I particularly want to extend my deepest apologies to Jewish communities in Canada and around the world.”- Now former House of Commons Speaker Anthony Rota, on his decision to honour a Waffen SS member in Parliament.
Hosts: Shane and Patrick
- Trudeau apologises after Nazi honoured in Canada’s parliament
- Support us on Patreon
- Federal government looking to cut $1 billion from National Defence budget
- Do B.C.’s new housing targets keep pace with population growth?
- Social media, streaming services must register with the CRTC by November
- Word of the Week: Ovation