Alberta continues to implement democratic reform, The Royal BC Museum is decolonizing its exhibits, and the Canadian flag will emulate a yoyo over the next week. Also, we discuss the impacts of the COP26 summit, as Trudeau continues to hobble oil and gas.
Direct Download – 64 Kbit MP3 (Full Show Notes)
“Decolonization of the museum’s galleries is important and long overdue. This is necessary to begin the long-term work of creating new narratives that include under-represented voices and reflect the lived experiences and contemporary stories of the people in B.C.” – Acting Royal BC Museum CEO Daniel Muzyka on the changes to the museum.
Hosts: Shane and Patrick
- Alberta bill would let political parties spend more, end some quarterly financial reporting and ‘AFL loophole’
- Support us on Patreon
- Royal BC Museum closing 3rd floor for ‘decolonization’ effort that will remove Old Town, settler displays, ship
- Feds expected to announce plans to raise, re-lower flags for Remembrance Day
- Canada will put a cap on oil and gas sector emissions, Trudeau tells COP26 summit
- Word of the Week: Decolonization