Bell lays off more workers and asks for more money, a recall petition starts for Calgary’s mayor Jyoti Gondek, and Selina Robinson is removed from the BC NDP’s cabinet. Also, suspicious HSBC mortgages are fuelling the real estate crisis.
“This is a radical change. With these proposed amendments, they are moving to give actual rights of First Nations governance over non-First Nations parties. That’s different than Indigenous self-government and to my knowledge, it’s the first time it has been contemplated anywhere in Canada.” – Robin Junger, a lawyer specializing in indigenous law with McMillan LLP in response to the BC government’s plan to reform the Lands Act.
Hosts: Shane and Patrick
- Trudeau calls Bell layoffs a ‘garbage decision’: ‘I’m pretty pissed off’
- Support us on Patreon
- Calgary receives notice of recall petition for Mayor Jyoti Gondek
- Selina Robinson steps down as B.C. minister following controversial comments
- “Fake Chinese income” mortgages fuel Toronto Real Estate Bubble: HSBC Bank Leaks
- Word of the Week: Mortgage