The remains of 215 indigenous children are found near the Kamloops residential school, Jason Kenney warns of the danger of erasing our history, and John Horgan lays out a modern forestry plan. Also, Canada’s first dose successes can be misleading.
Direct Download – 64 Kbit MP3 (Full Show Notes)
Hosts: Shane and Patrick
“The critical recommendation that’s in play at Fairy Creek is consulting with the title holders. If we were to arbitrarily put deferrals in place there, that would be a return to the colonialism that we have so graphically been brought back to this week by the discovery in Kamloops.” – BC Premier John Horgan on why he won’t immediately protect old growth forests from being logged.
- Remains of 215 Indigenous children found buried at former Kamloops residential school
- Support us on Patreon
- Kenney defends contentious Canadian history, laments cancel culture after Calgary school renamed
- B.C. lays out plans for ‘modernizing’ regulation of the forest industry
- U.S. to share millions of vaccine doses, including with Canada, as Ottawa pushed to donate too
- Word of the Week: Assimilation