UVIC’s equity hiring policy raises ire on social media, Alberta’s low income tax cut is nowhere to be seen, and the Liberals roll out the federal dental program. Also, Champagne looks at grocery competition to lower prices.
“If [our] people who often must wait in line for most goods, saw the conditions of U.S. supermarkets there would be a revolution. Even the politburo doesn’t have this choice. Not even Mr. Gorbachev.” – Future President of Russia Boris Yeltsin on American grocery stores in 1989. Is Canada headed in this direction?
Hosts: Shane and Patrick
- UVic job posting for Black candidates only draws backlash
- Support us on Patreon
- Where is the Alberta tax cut?
- Federal dental insurance program to be phased in over 2024, benefits to start in May
- Federal industry minister in talks with foreign grocery execs to lure new supermarket chain to Canada
- Word of the Week: Covenant