We uncover more about foreign influence in Canada, Edmonton city council votes to increase property taxes, and yet another Trudeau cabinet minister breaks ethics rules. Also, Canada is banning single use plastics, but will it really help the environment?
“There is simply no excuse for contracting with a friend’s company. Ministers are expected to uphold the highest standards of accountability, including those set out in the Conflict of Interest Act. Complying with the act is a condition of appointment and employment for all public office holders.” – Ethics Commissioner Mario Dion on International Trade Minister Mary Ng’s ethics violation.
Hosts: Shane and Patrick
- Help us out by taking our Fall 2022 Survey!
- Ottawa hears of ‘active foreign interference network’ in secret Privy Council Office memo
- Support us on Patreon
- Edmonton passes 5% tax increases; Cartmell calls it ‘very dangerous’ for affordability
- Trade Minister Mary Ng broke ethics rules over contract to friend, commissioner rules
- Phase 1 of Canada’s single-use plastics ban comes into effect this month. These are the products on the list
- Word of the Week: Waste