Danielle Smith debuts Alberta’s parental rights policy, the BC NDP quietly makes changes to the Lands Act, and the Trudeau Liberals give $48M to UNRWA. Also, segregation is on the rise in Canadian universities.
“This is a radical change. With these proposed amendments, they are moving to give actual rights of First Nations governance over non-First Nations parties. That’s different than Indigenous self-government and to my knowledge, it’s the first time it has been contemplated anywhere in Canada.” – Robin Junger, a lawyer specializing in indigenous law with McMillan LLP in response to the BC government’s plan to reform the Lands Act.
Hosts: Shane and Patrick
- Alberta to require parental consent for name, pronoun changes at school
- Support us on Patreon
- B.C. NDP quietly consult on sweeping changes to managing public lands
- Canada had already sent UNRWA $48M when pause announced, GAC confirms
- Black-only swim times, Black-only lounges: The rise of race segregation on Canadian universities
- Word of the Week: Segregation